AIM’s Expert Advise and Services include:
1. Application For Australian Citizenship
For permanent residents and other persons who are eligible to apply for Australian citizenship.
2. Application For Resident Return (155 And 157) Visa
The Resident Return visa is for current or former Australian permanent residents and former Australian citizens who want to travel overseas and return to Australia as permanent residents. It is valid for 5 years.
3. Application For Refugee / Protection Visa
A Protection (866) visa is a permanent visa granted to persons who are either refugees or meet the Complementary Protection criteria under the law
4. Request For An Extension Of Visa
This is a request for extension of the validity period of a Visa
5. Request For A Waiver Of Visa Condition
This is a request for the waiver of conditions imposed on the visa holder such as “no further stay” and “no work” conditions.
6. Migration Detention Cases
This refers to handling of cases of unlawful persons who overstayed in Australia and are currently held in detention centres.
7. Appeal Of Visa Refusals To The MRT Or RRT
Visa refusals can be appealed to the Migration Review Tribunal
Refugee visa refusal can be appealed to the Refugee Review Tribunal
8. Request For Ministerial Intervention
This request can be lodged after receiving an adverse decision by the MRT or RRT. It relates to the public interest powers that can be exercised by the Minister of Immigration.