Call/Text us at +61 484 608 589
Email us at

Child Visa   arrow

A shot of three Asian kids running in a park (focus in the middle kid)


1. Child (101) Visa

This is a permanent residence visa.


  • Sponsored by a parent or the parent’s partner who is an Australian citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident or an eligible New Zealand citizen.
  • Single
    less than 18 years of age, or:
    a full-time student between 18 and 25 years of age, or
    18 years or older and unable to work due to a disability and dependent on the sponsoring parent

Rights of the visa holder:

  • Travel to and stay in Australia indefinitely
  • Work and/or study in Australia
  • Eligible for Medicare
  • Apply for Australian citizenship after four years’ residence in Australia
  • Sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residence

2. Dependent Child (445) Visa

–  This is a temporary visa for the child of a parent who holds a Temporary Partner (820) visa that has not yet included the child.
–  If granted, the child needs to apply for a Permanent Partner (801) visa before the parent’s Permanent Partner visa application is decided.
–  The child can be in or outside Australia when he/she applies for this visa.
–  If the child’s siblings are also applying for this visa, they must lodge separate applications.
–  This visa is valid while the parent’s Temporary Partner visa is valid.


  • A biological child, stepchild or adopted child of the parent who holds a Temporary Partner (820) visa
  • Sponsored by the same person sponsoring the parent
  • Not married, engaged to be married or in a de facto relationship
  • Younger than 18 years of age, or:
  • Financially dependent on the parent holding the Temporary Partner visa
  • Incapacitated for work due to total or partial loss of bodily or mental functions

For a FREE Visa Assesment, please click here!