Call/Text us at +61 484 608 589
Email us at

Student Visa   arrow

Happy group of students sitting at the park talking

Note: Student Visa subclasses have been changed by the Department of Immigration.  This page will be revised accordingly.


There are different types of student visas that will allow you to study in Australia.

  1. Independent ELICOS Sector (570) Visa – For those who want to study English Language Intensive Courses for Overseas Students in Australia in preparation for a vocational or non-award course.
  2. School Sector (571) Visa – For those who want to study primary, secondary school, or an approved secondary school exchange program.
  3. Vocational Education and Training Sector (572) Visa – For those taking vocational education and training courses such as culinary arts, early childhood and care, enrolled nursing or any other courses offered by Technical and Further Education (TAFE), or registered course for the award of advanced diploma.
  4. Higher Education Sector (573) Visa – For those who will study for the award of bachelor degree, graduate certificate or diploma, masters degree by coursework, or higher education diploma or advance diploma.
  5. Postgraduate Research Sector (574) Visa – For those who will study for the award of a masters by research or a doctoral degree
  6. Non-Award Sector (575) Visa – For those who will study courses (except ELICOS) that do not lead to an award.

Rights of a student visa holder:

  • You can study in Australia
  • You can bring your family with you
  • You can work up to 40 hours per fortnight while your course is in session and unlimited hours during scheduled course breaks
  • Your family members can work up to 40 hours per fortnight. If you are doing a postgraduate course, they can work unlimited hours
  • Your spouse/partner can study in Australia for up to 3 months. For longer study, your spouse/partner must apply for own student visa.


  • If applying within Australia, you must hold a current qualifying visa or held a certain visa no more than 28 days prior to lodging your application.
  • Certificate of Enrollment or Letter of Offer from school as proof that you have been accepted for full-time study in a registered course
  • Sufficient funds to pay for your travel, tuition and living expenses for yourself and any family members (bank statements, loan documents, scholarship grants)
  • Pass the medical examination within 6 months before starting to study
  • Proof of health insurance (receipt or health card)
  • Adequate English language skills depending on requirements of Australian school
  • Proof of your academic record and history (Transcript of Records, Diploma)
  • If you are under 18 years old, you must have consent from your parents or guardian and acceptable arrangements for your accommodation, support and general welfare for the duration of the visa or until you turn 18, whichever happens first;
  • You must provide birth and marriage certificates for all your accompanying family members.

For a FREE Visa Assesment, please click here!